Thursday 21 February 2013

Juice Cleanse Day 1

So today is the first day of my 4 day juice feast through the Raw Juice Guru. For 2 days leading up to this cleanse I have eaten only fruits and veggies (mostly anyways) and I have been pretty hungry so this is going to be interesting. Each day I will have 6 juices (500ml) and 2 elixirs (in a tiny shot like bottle) every 90mins to 2 hours, and I can also have detox tea and water whenever I want to (im pretty sure its a rooibos tea). So far juice 1 and 2 are the same as juice 7 and 8. Each day I am going to do a quick post about how I am feeling that day and what I have noticed about myself throughout the cleanse. Whats great about the Raw Juice Guru is that they cater each cleanse specifically to each person. This means that no person drinks the same juices! How cool is that? This is one of the reasons I decided to get my cleanse through this company :)  Having said this, today I am going to post each type of juice I had so that you can get an idea of what the juices are like, however over the next days I will stick to posting about how I am progressing and feeling throughout the cleanse :)

Here are the juices that I had for today and what I thought about them.

Juice 1: apple, cucumber, spinach, lemon, ginger - Hated it after the first initial taste but then it started to grow on me. Its very sour from the lemon and I think the cucumber taste is the most obvious but I can definitely taste the other ingredients as well. I wouldnt say that I love it, but it is definitely drinkable. It has a familiar taste.... kind of like when I eat fresh locally grown cucumber with vinegar, salt and pepper in the summer time!  

Juice 2: apple, lemon, celery, beet, kale, ginger - this juice has a similar taste to the first one. Very beety though. It reminds me of the carrot, apple, beet juice my mom would make for me as a kid. Taste was ok, again, the more I drank it the more I liked it.

Juice 3 (elixir): chlorophyll - This one was pretty gross. I downed it pretty quickly ha ha Im not sure how to describe the taste. It tasted..... green? Not vegetable green, green in some other way. It was strange.

Juice 4: dandelion, carrot, cucumber, lemon, fennel - This juice is very strange! I think that comes from the dandelion. I cant say that I like it. My least favourite so far. It just tastes...... odd. I dont know how else to describe it. Sorry!

Juice 5: watermelon, lemon - This juice was tasty, but super sour!! So much lemon!!!

Juice 6 (elixir): milk thistle, apple - Delish! Tasted like apple juice!

Juice 7: apple, lemon, celery, beet, kale, ginger - Same as juice 2. I enjoyed it more the 2nd time than the first. It was quite tasty actually, but also very sour! Whats with all the lemon?? ha ha

Juice 8: apple, cucumber, spinach, lemon, ginger - Same as juice 1. Again, like most of the juices, very sour!! Still got that cucumber and vinegar taste to it.

So that was day 1. I have noticed a theme in the juices today - LEMON!! every juice was so sour!!!! Overall though, they were pretty tasty :) (not as tasty as food would be right now!)

How was I feeling this morning before starting the juices? Hungry, anxious, and sore. On monday I went with my hubby to a workout at his personal training gym where he goes a few times a week (on family day he could bring a family member for free). Even though I am used to working out, they had me doing things I have not really done before like pull ups and chin ups, as well as deadlifts with kettle bells. I have been very sore in my arms ever since monday and have struggled to do anything (even getting dressed hurts so much! ha ha) I have decided through this cleanse that it might not be the best choice to continue with my dailyhiit workouts as through this cleanse I am not eating anything at all. So, I am going to work in some light physical activity for the 4 days such as taking my puppy for a nice walk.

How was I feeling throughout the day? Hungry. Very hungry. I didnt find that I was craving certain foods, but I thought about food a lot and definitely missed it! Even though I have been drinking lots of juice today I did not feel full. Usually when I drink a lot it fills me up, but for some reason, not this time! Also, I have been peeing a lot!! This didnt start until mid afternoon, but I have made many trips to the bathroom today! This is making me worried about a meeting I am sitting in on tomorrow afternoon for a new job I am starting in April. It will be my first time meeting some of the staff and so leaving to pee throughout the meeting worries me.....   

How am I feeling after day 1? - Other than hungry....... energized! I have not felt tired at all today and am still feeling very energized. I feel great actually! I havent noticed many health changes as of yet, but feeling good is important to note :) No side effects like headaches yet either :) Excited to see what day 2 brings!


I know people have been asking me these questions - how much does it cost? where can I get the juices? How many juices are you drinking? Why are you doing this? etc. If you go to the website (I have posted it at the bottom) all the information you need is there. You can also follow them on facebook and they are great at answering any questions you have through their page.


My juices for day 1

www.rawjuiceguru.com

Come back tomorrow night for an update on day 2! Now I must go, I need to pee! he he




No comments:

Post a Comment